Calvary Chapel Saving Grace’s beginnings were humble. Saving Grace’s pastor, Trent Douglass, was a part of a backyard Bible study that began around a campfire in 1992, in Yorba Linda, Ca. During this time the study grew and lives were being changed. God made it obvious that He was going to use Pastor Trent for ministry; however he was born with a severe reading disability, called dyslexia. Those who knew him laughed at the idea of him becoming a teacher. But, God began to give Pastor Trent an incredible desire for His word.
The Bible study soon outgrew the backyard and God made it visible that He wanted to establish His church. Through a series of miraculous events we were able to obtain our present facility. On August 9, 1995 Calvary Chapel Saving Grace was officially a church.
What We Believe
Calvary Chapel has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and to be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments, are the inspired, infallible Word of God.
• We believe God is eternally existent in three separate persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We believe God the Father is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign creator of all things. We believe Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His vicarious death on the cross, was bodily resurrected by the power of the Holy Spirit, ascended back to the right hand of the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us. After Jesus ascended to heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today.
• We believe all people are by nature separated from God and are responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
• We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Scriptures, and that they are valid for today if exercised within scriptural guidelines.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
• We await the pre-tribulation rapture of the church, and we believe that the second coming of Christ with His saints to rule on the earth will be personal, premillennial, and visible. This motivates us to holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God’s Word, regular fellowship, and participation in adult baptism by immersion and Holy Communion.